The application portal is currently closed. Since March 2020, 100 artists in the DC-area have been awarded unrestricted grants in the amount of $1,000 each.
The application portal is now open. This program enables DC-area visual artists to further their practices through research and idea development. The $5,000 grants can be used to compensate applicants for their intellectual labor, for costs associated with gaining access to specific resources, and/or to pay other artists and thinkers for their time and contributions. Applications will be reviewed by an independent panel of artists and arts professionals. We anticipate awarding 12 grants. The grant period is from November 2020–June 2021. Deadline to apply was Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET. The application portal is now closed. Grantees will be announced in October.
Watch the recorded Virtual Information Session from July 16, 2020 here.
1. Statement of Inquiry (What question will drive your research and what do you hope to accomplish during the grant period from November 2020–June 2021?)
2. Tell us about your artistic practice (If you are applying as a collective or group, tell us a little about each of your practices and how you are connected)
3. Why is it important for you to do this research now, and how will it expand your artistic practice?
4. Who do you need to connect with to do this research? (For example: knowledge partners, institutions, other artists, etc.)
5. How will you allocate the funds? (each Research Grant is $5,000)
Upload your CV or Resume
Provide a link to your professional website (Optional)
Provide links for three art events (exhibitions, performances, other) that you participated in as an artist in the past three years (Optional)
Contact Nathalie at email@example.com with any questions.